Technical Data on Bio Booster
1. LDP Plastic (Same as swimming pool filter).
2. Wall thickness is 8 – 10mm.
3. Boosters are green with UV resistant materials build into the media used.
4. Unit can handle a pressure of 2 Bar (29.4Psi).
5. Units are available in three sizes: 32 Lt, 42 Lt and 72 Lt.
6. Unit comes standard with quick – release 50mm fittings and a high-pressure filter lid.
7. The use of filter media inside can vary from plastic shavings, bio-balls, Alfagrog etc.
8. The flow rate through the unit should not exceed 10 000l/hour. Reason: High flow rates washes out the bacteria.
9. On a typical filter installation you would put the Bio Booster last in the line, after your Sand/Bio filter.
10. Note that your Bio Booster is there to aid in the removal of nitrates. This means that the filter is a biological filter rather than a mechanical filter (Sand filter or brushes are mechanical filters).
11. Unit will have a live expectancy of at least fifteen years under normal operating conditions.
12. NOTE: For best results the bottom fitting should be used as the inlet and the top fitting as the outlet/return.
Suggested pond sizes for Bio Boosters
(Using Bio Balls or other filter media with a good surface area)
Small Bio Booster - One per 10 000 liter of pond water
Medium Bio Booster - One per 20 000 liter of pond water
Large Bio Booster - One per 30 000 liters of pond water